DAY-1: Delhi - Amritsar
Fly from Delhi to Amritsar or take a morning Shatabadi Express train from New Delhi to Amritar. On arrival at Amritsar airport/railway station our representative and driver will meet you and transfer to Hotel. Later visit Indo-Pakistand Boarder to see the flag raising ceremony. Evening visit Golden Temple in Amritsar. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY-2: Amritsar - Dalhousie 220 km, 5 to 6 hours drive
After breakfast check out from the hotel. Visit Goldent Temple again. Later continue drive to Dalhousie. Arrive and Check in Hotel in Dalhousie. Later afternoon a circular walk from Subhash Chowk to Gandhi Chowk in Dalhousie. Overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY-3: Dalhousie - Kalatop - Khajjiar - Dalhousie
Full day excrustion to Kalatop and Khajjiar. After a short drive from Dalhousie we reach Lakarmandi from where we take a short walk(3 kms one way) to Kalatop inside Kalatop wildlife sanctuary. Walk back to Lakarmandi and continue to Khajjiar. Later drive back to Dalhousie for overnight stay.
DAY-4: Dalhousie - Dharamsala 4/5 hours drive + 2 hours walk.
After breakfast check out from the hotel. After a short drive for 30 minutes we reach the starting point of the day walk. It is easy walk for two hours on top of a ridge with superb parallel view of the snow covered peaks of Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas. Your driver will meet you at the end of the walk and continue drive to Dharamsala. Arrive Dharamsala late afternoon and check in Hotel.
Early morning 2 hours Yoga Lesson with expert yoga instructor. After breakfast drive to Naddi village to start an easy walk up in the mountain. Naddi is a Gaddi tribal village. Walking through Naddi village we enter into dense cedar forest. It is leveled walk for two hours from Naddi to Bhagsu village. Enroute we visit a Buddhist stupa and some meditation huts in the middle of the forest where old Tibetan monks live do tantric practice and meditation.
Walk ends in Bhagsu Nag village. Indian Cooking lesson and lunch in a village house with Indian lady. After lunch drive to Mcleod Ganj to visit H.H. Dalai Lama Temple. Afternoon free time in Tibetan market in Mcleod Ganj. Evening experience an Ayurvedic Massage for an hour. Overnight stay at Hotel.
After breakfast go for half day horse riding up in the mountain and villages. After lunch drive to Kangra to visit the temple and colorful Kangra bazaar. Later visit a traditional vessel making factory in kangra where they make huge vessels by hands without any aid of machines. Later drive back to Mcleod Ganj. Afternoon meet an Indian palmist and know your future and talk to him about the palmistery.
After breakfast drive to Lower dharamsala to visit Norbulingka, a Tibetan centre for learning and preserving traditional Tibetan art and craft. Visit various workshops where you will meet the aritists working on making different artifacts. Later drive to see the Tea Gardens of Kangra valley and visit tea factory. Drive back to Mcleod Ganj for lunch. After lunch visit a Tibetan Nunnery to participate in the holy chantings by the nuns. After the chantings witness the debate practiced by the nuns. During the debate the nuns practice Buddhist philosophy by way of a debate among themselves. Later meet a Buddhist lama who will talk to you about Tibetan Buddhism. Overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY-8: Dharamsala - Banjar Valley 6 hours drive
After breakfast drive to Banjar valley, one of the most hidden and less explored valleys in Himachal Pradesh. Enroute you visit ancient Shiva Temple at Baijnath and sherabling monastery near Bir. Arrive Banjar valley and check in guest House.
DAY-9: Banjar Valley
Full day to explore the Banjar Valley. Visit Bahu village and ancient temple in the village. Also visit Bagi temple and the fort above the temple. It is uphill walk to the temple and the fort. Overnight stay at Guest House.
DAY-10: Banjar Valley
After breakfast drive to Jalori Pass from where you go for a beautiful walk through the meadows to Serosar lake. It is two hours walk one way to the lake. Back to the guest house for overnight stay.
DAY-11: Banjar Valley to Thanedar 6 hours drive
This day you drive over Jalori pass to enter into a different valley. Arrive Thanedar later afternoon and check in Hotel. Thanedar is a small village in upper reaches of Shimla. Walk into the nearby village.
DAY-12: Thanedar - Shimla 3 hours drive.
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to the nearby Hattu peaks from where you have beautiful view of the valley below and the high Himalayan peaks. Continue drive to Shimla. Check in Hotel. Afternoon visit the Historical Mall road in Shimla.
DAY-13: Shimla - Chandigarh 3 hours drive
Drive to Chandigarh airport to fly to Delhi or Mumbai. End of the Tour.
Important Note :
- This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
- In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
- Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Himachal Trip Experts. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.
Hotels In Dalhousie-Khajjiar
Himalayan Resorts Dalhousie/SIMILAR
Hotels In Dharamshal-Mcleodganj
Nishaad Resorts Dharamshala/SIMILAR
Best Western Indraprastha Resort And Spa Hotel/SIMILAR
Hotels In Shimla
Hotel Aachman Regency Shimla
Snow Valley Resorts Shimla
Hotel Samrat Regency in Shimla
How to book this tour
Himachal Trip Expert will come in to a contract with you after conformation of your booking. You can book this tour after paying at least 25% of the total tour Cost; remaining amount can be paid before the commencement of tour. Frequent customers may be exempted from the advance payment. The booking amount may be increased during the peak seasons.
The package is completely subject to availability at the time of making the booking. We do not hold any booking. The company will not be responsible for any Refund, Compensation or Claim for shortage of Tour Days or for Cancellation, Postponement, fog, Curfew and roadblock and landslides or any natural calamities beyond our control. The normal Cancellation charges will be applicable in such conditions. All Disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Shimla Only.
You can cancel Your Booking by email and request for Cancellation should receive our office by email from the person/representative of the person who made the booking.
- Date of booking to 30 days the cancellation charges will be 25% of the tour cost.
- 30 to 15 days - the cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost.
- 15 to 7 days - the cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost.
- Less than 7 days - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
- No show - Total amount will be forfeited and no refund shall be given.
Cancellation Policy is subject to change. It's purely depends upon the cancellation policy of respective hotels. In Peaks seasons, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation
Refunds normally take 10 working days after the cancellation request has been raised & transferred electronically to your bank account.
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
State Bank Of India
Evergreen Himachal Tour & Travels
Punjab National Bank